home           moi           live fabulously           be adventurous           experience local           relish

Reminiscing of a Winter Pesto Dream

This morning I took myself back to a time when there was snow and a maple latte' in my presence.  There was a breakfast sandwich, not just any breakfast sandwich, but a local piece of heaven. It was located in a coffee shop, in an Inn in Woodstock, Vermont.  The name escapes me but the sandwich....never
(oh that and the parisian top I purchased in the gift shop). Here is my version:

Start with toasted pine nuts, fresh basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh sliced tomatoes, extra sharp white cheddar cheese, an egg and a toasted english muffin.
Whip up a quick pesto (basil, toasted pine nuts, EVOO, balsamic vinegar then add salt, pepper and garlic powder - I forgot them in the photo)

Toast your english muffin, slice your tomato, and throw on some pesto and extra sharp cheddar while you wait for your egg to cook just until slightly runny (todays...overcooked but I didn't mind)

Enjoy...I did...in about 5 minutes HA


No comments:

Post a Comment