home           moi           live fabulously           be adventurous           experience local           relish

Finding Your Happy Place


photo credit here

Do you have your happy place? A mental place, a book, a favorite chair, ritual, favorite hang out, spot in the sun, a cabin in the woods, a hammock, or is your happy place just driving with the windows down and the music up? I have been uninspired as of late (note blog hasn't been touched since December). The lack of inspiration is partly because of life (work, school, house, family, you know... adult responsibilities) and partly because I have been so busy that I am not stopping to take it all in. I am missing the details, the nurturing of friendships, or the just being together family time. My schedule has been off. Coffee shop time has only been in passing (literally only minutes when it use to be at least a half hour of good discussion and connection). Work has caused travel but not the kind that involves lots of fun too, just the work kind. The kind that takes time away from your family, in the field but still keeping up with office. Don't misunderstand, I did get to see some of my favorite people while traveling but I didn't get to fully appreciate my surroundings and those relationships. Office negativeness also adds a component of unnecessary stress but out of the abyss has bloomed stronger bonds with friends and helped us to empower each other and really focus on the positive to diminish the negative. To keep the focus on positive and happy, a couple of my best girlfriends and I are starting our "Happiness Planning" in September in hopes we can all get back to the basics of just living and taking in our surroundings. Putting aside the stresses of life and just enjoying the moment.




Today reminds me of why I need to slow down. I have been traveling and stressed out at work and have been missing my hot yoga class (even though I am running daily). Today I made it back finally and it was rejuvenating. Even though I have missed a couple of weeks, I was able to jump back in and I left feeling invigorated!

But the happiness didn't stop there. It's 64 degrees today! 64 DEGREES! You may not understand the significance, but it's August in Georgia..muggy and hot is an understatement. Today the humidity is low, the wind is blowing, the car windows are down, the music is loud so I can sing like no one is watching (even though every car at every light is watching and probably thinking what is wrong with her).

When I got home from class, my family was amazing with lots of hugs, kisses. Cozy was in a good mood and getting dressed like she should. We had a great drop off to school and straight to Cool Beans. Today I could sit and take in all the laughter and stories from my coffee shop family. I knew I missed them  but didn't realize how much until today. Just to sit and take them all in. Being able to listen to what has been going on in their lives.




Today my heart is full and bursting at the seams from the love of my family and of friends. Friends that really get me and my craziness and my need for cooler weather, hiking in the woods, coffee time, and just spending time together strengthening our bonds. Now I am on a natural high. A high that I am sure to some is super annoying but to my group of friends I spend 40+ hours with a week, they get it and I hope they embrace it. I am bursting on the inside. I haven't felt this way in a long time. Now please don't misunderstand, I have been happy. But I have let all the "to do's" cloud what really makes me happy. My family, my friends, the outdoors, sitting in quiet on the deck, doing yoga, watching my little girl grow up way too fast. My "to-do's" have made me take focus off those things I have been neglecting.  I need to be in my happy place. Not want...but NEED to be in my happy place. To keep my natural high and keep me focused on the people and things that mean the most. Moving forward I intend to maintain this natural high. To love with a passion, nurture my relationships and strengthen bonds, find time to see people, talk to them, and focus more energy on the small details of the short time I have with my wonderful husband and precious daughter. This is what is most important and what creates true happiness.



Where is your happy place and how do you keep your focus?



photo credit here

No comments:

Post a Comment